When I think of a Leader I think of...

...Lou Holtz and the University of Notre Dame


Lou is an Author, a Coach, a Motivational Speaker and Sports Analyst.  He is the only coach in the history of college football to:  1) Take 6 different teams to a bowl game.  2) Win 5 bowl games with different teams.  3) To have 4 different college teams ranked in the final Top 20 poll.  Lou has a 243-127-7 career record that ranked him third in victories among active coaches and eighth in winning percentage.  His 12 career postseason bowl victories ranked him fifth on the all-time list.  More importantly while coaching at the University of Notre Dame he took the Fighting Irish to a National Championship in 1988 with a 12 - 0 season.  


The 5 qualities and skills I think Lou Holtz exemplifies and I try to use when I teach are:  
Motivation, Inspiration, Communication, Patience and Dedication.

My top 10 favorite Lou Holtz quotes:

10. “It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.”

 9.  “No one has ever drowned in sweat.”

 8.  “I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.”“

 7.  “You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.”

 6.  “You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.”

 5.  “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.”

 4.  “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

 3.  “I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.”

 2.  “Don't be a spectator, don't let life pass you by.”

 1.  "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.”